Some of you maybe aware that JointWorks Studio is situated the original Tasman Store. Our building was built around 1913 or 1914. After 100 years or so of use the building was getting quite tired, and in need of some love and attention. In June 2016 we decided the time was right to a few things right.
The trouble with putting a few things right, is that often one thing leads to another… and then maybe another. As a result the studio is now fabulous. And it should be as it has had a full makeover!
For those who are interested in these matters here is a list of repairs
- Replacement of all piles / joists and bearers
- Replace rotten / rotting / borer ridden studs (about 80%)
- the floor was replaced
- All windows and doors replaced
- Replace all plasterboard
- New power points and lights
The work was quite extensive and a condition of consent was to put in a mobility impaired car park and ramp. During the rebuild, our gardens were damaged so we have replaced all the gardens as well. Overall the building and grounds are looking great.
Jane has been in the studio for about 6 weeks. She has found it very light, airy and welcoming and because of the repairs, our work looks superb.
Funnily enough the most commented item about the studio is the floor, which is particle board with a 10 mm oak tongue and groove timber overlay. It is quite an interesting floor as we used all locally grown okay, so there is a mixture of english, silky and pin oak to name a few.